It's always so great to watch General Conference. I feel SO blessed to get to watch it and feel the Spirit and be uplifted. Chad and I still swap sessions so sometimes I get to sit all by myself and watch conference. Elder Bednar's talk was one of the ones that has really been helping me ever since I watched it. He told a story about someone who went into a snowy forest to cut wood and got stuck. He still went ahead and filled his truckbed with wood and when it was time to go he found that "It was the load of wood that provided the traction necessary for him to
get out of the snow, to get back on the road, and to move forward. It
was the load that enabled him to return to his family and his home." Each of us carries a load, and that load can provide the spiritual traction that helps us get and remain on the path toward becoming like our Heavenly Father.
Sometimes I try to get rid of my load. I have some idea in my head that if I can make life simple and easier things will be better. To some extent simplicity is good, but having work to do and difficulties to sort out is probably vital to our happiness and definitely vital to growth. The load is important! The load is a blessing!
Recently I've carried a load that's been one of the hardest to plow through in a long time. I've needed to step back into a role I used to play in Legacy Tree. Even though I've been there before I've been fearful and overwhelmed by aspects of this change. But the load is good. This challenge is good for me, and I'm dedicated to also making it good for those I work with and work for. It is good to carry loads. I'm thankful for the interpersonal relationships I have that help me to carry mine.
I also watch and enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk. You are an incredible person. I hope I can grow up to be like you someday. Glenda
ReplyDelete