For history's sake though (and because it's pretty dang interesting) I wanted to post some pictures of the apartment complex where we live. Basically this place was built in the early 90's (so about 20 years ago). This was the same time period when our Utah house was built and it seems pretty recent to me! The trouble, though, is that it's poorly maintained. The worst area here, on what is called level -2, apparently has no real owner to maintain it. Currently it holds a nursing home that's renting part of the space, a bunch of abandoned and locked down empty storefronts, and lots of "end of the world" looking areas. Take a look.
It's pretty surreal how weird some things are out here! Either way, there are things I love about it too. We're right next to what I call the jungle and you can always hear the sounds of insects and see birds flying and SO MUCH greenery. It's awesome. And being by the sea is just an amazing experience for us.
We recently moved about 50 feet away into a much bigger apartment, and are loving that. I'll post pictures soon.
What I noticed most was the potential. Someone could make a mint by putting a convenient store in one of those abandoned shops.
ReplyDelete