Unlike Utah, where there are a bazillion easter eggs hunts (I know - I'm still on the email lists), there were just a couple events here, and they were on Sunday and one of the two events available cost money. So, I planned a free community one for the day before Easter and it was simple and fun. A group showed up ten minutes before the hunt, parents took a few minutes to hide their required 15 treats/prizes per kid in a park, and then we let the kids loose! Easy peasy. Ours were the only ones with Easter baskets. No one had plastic eggs. But it worked out fine anyway. There were a few grocery stores selling chocolate bunnies and things.
Here we are prepping the prizes we'd hide (little plastic baggies worked ok as egg substitutes):
The little ones got to start first:
Looking around:
Showing some favorites:
Later that day we "played" Easter egg hunt at our house too. We actually had about 15 eggs I'd brought from Utah in our "holidays" box so we used those to play - we'll use them again next year.
On Easter morning the kids followed strings to find their baskets - they like this tradition so I keep doing it.
That's it! A simple Easter but we enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.