Our Haven is five! We had a super great time celebrating her birthday.
Haven's birthday was on a Saturday. We all still did regular chores, but she got to do them with a personal assistant:
| "Certificate: Chad is Haven's genie. Everything she asks, I do. - Daddy" (Google decided to auto-rotate) |
| yum yum yum yum |
She got to open family presents, including one from Grandma Dalley.
| Our neighbors Tor and Signe got to come |
The girls modeling the clothes:
And one from Grandma B:
Haven also got a "stand up scooter," which we took to the park to watch fireworks that night.
| You can see the Macau tower up ahead (across the water) |
Each year Macau has an international fireworks competition. It's great!
The next weekend, Haven had a "friend" party at our house. We fished, broke open a pinata, had a "picnic show," and ate this beautiful cake:
Fishing:
The fish helpers:
Pinata!
Picnic show:
Her invitations (sorry that Google's insisting on turning these):
Cards from friends:
Card from Grandma Dalley:
Card from Kindergarten:
Birthday letter:
Happy birthday
Haven!
I’m happy to get
to write you another birthday letter and record this snapshot of your life. You
just turned five my dear!
A big new part of
your life is school! Since we’re living in Macau and school deadlines are
different, you’ve entered Senior Kindergarten! It’s a full day program, and
though I was sad about sending you to school all day already, you’ve loved it
so far. You are very good at listening and following directions, you’ve made
great friends, and you’re learning and growing. So, it’s good! I’m happy for
you. J
Another thing
you’re involved in is ballet. Your teacher is Ms. Shafon. You look so beautiful
in your flowing skirt and hairbun. J You really seem to enjoy dancing.
I get to see you
a lot at church because I get to be the Primary President and music leader.
It’s so helpful that you sit quietly and participate in spite of the sometimes
chaos that’s happening around you. I appreciate you!
You and Jozie are
still playmates and friends. Of course you have plenty to fight about
throughout your days, but this is excellent practice ground for other
friendships and relationships. Overall I think you’re learning from each other
and I hope you will always appreciate and enjoy each other. Claire’s growing up
into a kid now and you enjoy her too – from a distance or as a hugging partner,
not as someone to put her fingers into your dollhouse setup. J
Some of your
favorite foods right now are Ramen noodles, Macaroni and Cheese, cucumber
cookies, rice pudding (rice with sugar and milk), cheese moon chips (Cheddar
Pringles), and green melon (honeydew).
Other things
you’re doing right now? You just got a “stand up scooter” for your birthday and
you’re pretty proud of that. We recently got two little hamsters and you like
checking them out and setting up their cage. Some of your friends are Eva
Campbell, Amy Forsyth, Signe Tralla, and Lily Kloss. It’s been fun to live so
close to many friends.
Well, here’s to
another year for you Haven! How lucky we are to be in the same family.
Love you!
Mommy
Jessica, thank you for writing your girls a letter. It will mean everything to him when they are older. Thank you for being a great mom.
ReplyDelete