Tuesday, April 14, 2015

January Outdoors - including GLOWING waves!

It was SO nice to spend January sunny - sure there were cold spots in there, but they were mixed with glorious sunny days.

One Saturday afternoon we went to the small reservoir near our house. We played treasure hunt and then went grass sledding.




On another Saturday we had a roast on the beach, which was fun except for the problem of sand mixing with hot dogs.


Amazingly, as we were prepping to leave at dusk I noticed that the waves looked oddly turquoise. As it got darker it became obvious that there were GLOWING! According to the Internet this was caused by an abundance of phytoplankton which lights up when it's agitated.

It was seriously SO amazing!



Also in January I got to spend a school lunch date with Jozie out on a restaurant patio, taken care of by our friend's brother who is the lead chef of a restaurant right by TIS. What a great date!




One day Haven and I were walking around Taipa and came across an outdoor table where kids could make lamps using recycled materials. Cool!



And, our babysitter's daughter turned 2 in January, so we got to hang out for a BBQ on the beach.


1 comment:

  1. I would like tohave seen the turquoise ocean. It sounds awesome..

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.