Friday, June 27, 2008

Scripture Journal: D&C 49

D&C 49:8 "Wherefore, I will that all men shall repent, for all are under asin, except those which I have breserved unto myself, choly men that ye know not of."

It's hard to imagine what it would feel like to be so free of imperfect things that you were not "under sin" in any way. When I picture someone like that I see someone who is happy, hopeful, and who radiates love for other people. Sometimes when I do see people like that it's hard to remember that that didn't happen automatically for them but that every person must "work out his own salvation" and that it is work (I'm not implying that we become perfect on our own - I believe it's a partnership work between us and God who helps us in many, many ways). I think it has so much to do with what we choose to think about and how willing we are to pray throughout the day. I know that I would have more help if I were more willing to pray more often - perhaps not "officially," like kneeling down or anything, but in my head. The other day I was sitting outside with Jozie and thought about the fact that I could pray right then, so I did. Immediately I felt so good inside and was reminded of how short and precious life is. That happened because of a simple prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.