I read these beautiful words this morning via this post:
"The world I live in is loud and blurring and toilets plug and I get speeding tickets... and I forget everything and these six kids lean hard into me all day to teach and raise and lead and I fail hard and there are real souls that are at stake and how long do I really have to figure out how to live full of grace, full of joy - before these six beautiful children fly the coop and my mothering days fold up quiet? How do you open the eyes to see how to take the daily domestic, workday vortex and invert it into the dome of an everyday cathedral?" (121). - One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp
The post's author has started a gratitude journal and I'm feeling inspired. I want to do it too. She makes great points about what gratitude can do for us and how it can right our world. So, I'm going to start leaving random grateful lists here. We'll see where it goes. So, to start...
1. I'm grateful that I got to see orange over the mountains this morning.
2. I'm grateful that the air is crisp in the morning - rejuvenating.
3. I'm grateful that Jozie hugged me super tight after we fought last night. I know we love each other.
4. I'm grateful Chad and I can cuddle every morning before we get out of bed. It gets me on his team every day.
5. I'm grateful for time alone in the office.
6. I'm grateful for Haven's big toothy smile and that she likes to hold my hand.
7. I'm grateful to have time at night to read the Ensign and the scriptures in bed and that it relaxes my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.