A couple weeks ago a six-year-old girl was taken from her home in the middle of the night, then raped in a West Jordan field and drowned in the nearby canal. I try not to dwell on things like this, but this has been hard. This girl could have been mine. I could have been a mother waking up to find my child was gone. I ache for this mother. My thoughts keep going to my own sister, fourteen and raped in a man's car, her life (and my family's) forever changed. Tonight I feel vulnerable. I pray to be wise, prudent, and to trust that God fully will wipe all tears from our eyes, that He will help me and people I love to forgive, to heal.
I don't like bringing up events like this stuff. Thanks for putting up with this post because writing is helpful to me.
Let me just add my deep loathing for the pornography (especially child) industry in all its shades. Hate hate hate and passionately hate.
"Resist not Evil" do you know who said that?
ReplyDelete