Sunday, July 8, 2012

Water party at the Robertson's


I'm so thankful for friends to cherish and for people who inspire me whenever I'm with them. Brigita Robertson is one of those people. We used to live around the corner from each other and she was my mentor when I first became a parent and is still my mentor in so many ways, though she probably doesn't really know that. I love the way she treats people, I love the way she teaches her kids, I love her focus on what matters most. I feel truly blessed to know her.

We've both moved now and it's always great to get together. We got to have a reunion of sorts with lots of people from our old neighborhood when she invited us all up to a water party at her house.

I love seeing Jozie grow up and do things she didn't like to do in the past, like slip-n-slides. She's gaining more and more confidence in her ability to learn new things. Another thing I admire about Jozie is how easy it is for her to approach people and make friends. It just comes naturally to her and I love that.

Haven loves swings - not sure where she got that because Jozie's never liked them. In the picture above she wanted me to twist the swing around so she could spin. Haven's still very content to hang around with me most of the time, which I don't mind at all for now! I'm sure she'll be into friends a lot more in a year or so and for now I love having her as my little partner. She's such a sweetie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.