I hadn't expected to do much at all this year with such a new baby, but our great moms hooked me up with babysitting so I could do some great stuff. :)
Chad's mom watched the kids the Friday before my birthday so Chad and I could go out. First we raced go carts. Our original plan was to ride south of 7200 on the Jordan River Trail, but that day it snowed SO MUCH there was no way we were doing that. Racing was okay - pretty pricey just to go around a track, so we likely won't do it again. Miraculously I actually beat Chad - not because I'm faster but because I'm more conservative so I never got turned around or stuck like he did (not that I went super slow, just not faster than I knew the thing could go around a turn). Anyway...
Racing was pretty fast and we had some more time Claire-free so we stopped in at a Thai place and got my favorite soup in all the world. Can't remember what it's called because it's in Thai, but it's the one with the white broth that has lemongrass and mushrooms. It's so delicious and hits the spot on a cold day much better than sugar rush hot chocolate in my opinion.
After that we picked up Claire and checked out a new (new to us) restaurant downtown called "Eva." It seemed to be where all the cool people go - I didn't feel cool with my big coat, diaper bag, and baby carrier. :) It's strange to not be in the young crowd anymore as I approach my mid-thirties and we're full-fledge into family here with our three kids now. Anyway, the food was okay - not a place I'd go back to. Everything had to be different enough that it was pushing weird for me and not that tasty. So, since it was my birthday and Takashi (the best sushi place ever) was just around the corner, we stopped in there afterwards and got a strawberry roll (it's really good - sweet and spicy).
The next morning my mom also hooked me up with babysitting and my long-time friend, Ashlie Taylor Easterling (no relation but I'd adore that) got pedicures at Black Tie Salon. This was actually my first real pedicure and it included a soaking and massage. It was great, especially great to hang out with Ashlie. I always feel sooo blessed when I hang out with my old friends - they've been such blessings in my life. Wish I had thought to take a picture but I forgot! We came home and made waffles with ice cream and nutella - yum!
At home on Sunday (my birthday) we did a little brownies and ice cream. It was yummy and nice to hang out with my little family, who I love so much! I'm so lucky to get to be with them all the time because I really enjoy each of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.