Sunday, February 24, 2013

Valentine's

Here's info on Valentine's week for us. I love getting to celebrate our love for each other and for others we know. It was pretty fun - there's more we could have done but I'm feeling busy this year with baby-ness - plus...wait for it...we found out that same week that we're spending over a month in China this summer and then will likely move there later, so we were pretty overwhelmed with talking about that. :)

We enjoyed doing a bit of heart attacking on my mom's door and at our house. Next year I want to change it up at home a bit and heart attack all over the inside of our house, with each of us assigned a color. I think that will change the focus from counting the hearts you get to counting the hearts you do.


Jozie came home from school with a supply of candy reminiscent of Halloween. :) If I have one pet peeve about public school it's that they get candy/treats so often (ok that and that Jozie has brought home about three colds this winter).


I was pretty guilty of the V-day treats thing too and want to rethink that, especially since Jozie gets more sugar than she needs at school. :) Nonetheless, we did a little after school treasure hunt to find cupcakes and it was fun - I definitely want to keep the treasure hunt tradition.






For dinner we had pink pancakes with pink cream. They were very cute but next time I want to try something that's not sugary, like maybe heart-shaped hamburger or steak??


Yep, we added sprinkles in case they weren't already sweet enough. :)

That night we did some doorbell ditching with Grandma B. Since we leave baked stuff we try to make it obvious that they weren't left by some random stranger, so it's not true doorbell ditching I guess, but it's still way fun to ring doorbells and hide.



Chad and I didn't do much this year, which was ok with me. We're very excited about the chance for an adventure in China and spent the week focused on that. But, I'll throw in a little romantic-ness here to say that I'm so happy Chad is here in my life. The girls are lucky to have him and I am too. Part of why we're coming to China with him is that we (I) miss him when he's gone. Even when he's not around all day, just knowing that he's coming home sometime that day adds excitement to the day - when I'm "single parenting" it's hard partly because of the monotony of it! It is great to go through adulthood with a friend. :)


1 comment:

  1. Random, but I think we have the same kitchen countertop. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.