Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday = Spring Break!

Today was in the 70s and so it was the perfect first day of Spring Break! I am adoring having windows and doors open and getting to go in and out with no coat or shoes. Today we got the carpets clean in the morning, had Joy School mid-day (a new unit on trying new things), and did errands in the afternoon, mixed in with lots of play both in and out. It was good!

I was going to post this picture yesterday but didn't have time. It's what Jozie put together to go to school in. I used to worry about her lack of matching finesse but now I savor it. It's so great to have a kindergartner.


Chad and I watched Forks over Knives a couple weeks ago and I haven't really eaten meat since then. It just kind of turned me off to it - that plus recent conversations with an inquisitive Jozie about where meat comes from - what animal, what part of the animal, etc. I'm undecided about how I feel about it health-wise. Maybe I'll get into the free range meats thing or something. I feel bad about the low-quality lives of the poor animals. Anyway we've cut way back on meat and dairy - we'll see how things go in the long run. We've been into a lot of fresh veggies and fruits for a long time so it hasn't been that different, except that I'm a little lost at dinner prep time. :) The great news is that today I got to wear some of my favorite jeans for the first time since preggo-ness. I attribute that to less dairy.

I got to see my good friend Stacie today. We played together when we were little. I sooo love having some old old friends like that. It makes me feel more complete or something to have them in my life for so long. She lives in Santaquin and it's been a long time since I've seen her, though thanks to facebook we haven't been strangers. I'm glad she's doing great - she's got some teenagers already but she seems to be handling it superbly!

We are going to the Philippines and China in a little over a month. That is gonna come up fast. Jozie and Chad are going to have birthdays over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.