I don't know if new veganism(ish) is the culprit, or if we ate something bad, or just caught a bug, but Haven got diarrhea last week and Jozie and I then got it too mixed with more sickness. I've never felt more sick in my life. I was feeling kind of weak Wednesday and Thursday. Then Friday mid-day I left the kids at my mom's house to go to the temple and wondered if I should go in there or not cuz something was definitely not right with me. I went, and didn't faint, so that was good. :) But that night I was sick, sick, sick. If I got up too fast after feeding Claire I would vomit, my head hurt, all over hurt, all I did was laid in bed, or on the floor, or wherever I was until about mid-day Sunday. :) We all got flu shots so...? Anyway, it passed and I didn't die, but yikes it was no fun. So, today I'm feeling so grateful to feel almost normal again. And I'm eating meat, and still less dairy. :) Really it is so good to feel good, to have the energy to do things and to have muscles that don't hurt. I feel so blessed to be able to DO and ENJOY things!
One other thought today. I was just outside enjoying the yard and the cute new chalk pictures up on our cinderblock wall and sidewalk, and thinking about some things I'll miss. It's sounding like long-term China will be a reality even sooner than we thought was serious. But outside I had the thought that what is making life so GOOD is creativity, and enjoying things, and keeping the laws required for the blessings. We can take those things with us. We can thoroughly enjoy each other and be creative and have fun wherever we are. I just hope none of us dies. I am paranoid but yes that's my biggest worry. It will be good to do it and come out of it and know that we didn't die (since the risk really is low). The great thing about doing hard things is that you learn that you can do them and you're ok - that's something I thank my mission for all the time, and my freshman year of college, when I went that first week and was so scared of all those syllabi and professors. :)
Oh one more thing - I thought I'd have some fun today with Chad's phone for April Fool's. He sent me this after discovering the surprise:

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.