Sunday, July 14, 2013

the weekend

We're down to about two a half weeks til we leave and I am starting to stressss. Friday afternoon Chad and I did a run down by the river and that helped. Saturday morning I did a yard sale to clear extra stuff out. Let me say that I don't like doing yard sales. I'd rather give my good stuff away to family and friends than haggle with some person about whether or not it's worth an extra $.50. Seriously. But that's done and will be ok even though I get emotionally attached to stuff... Saturday night we got together with my good friends from South Jordan and got to bed way too late and now here we are at Sunday. Our plane tickets are bought and we'll keep working away to get everything in place by then, and try not to ignore our kiddos too much in the meantime. I keep remembering some advice I read by a mother of six who's spent time in several countries. She said to "live in anticipation of the memory." I know that in spite of the work and the stress, the discomfort, difficulty, etc., a few years from now when it's time to leave and we've learned so much from this experience, we won't regret it and our time in China will become a cherished memory.

One thing I'm stressing about - it's been a week since I've seen my wedding ring. With all this giving away of stuff I'm really worried I'm not gonna find it. So if you feel so inclined, please pray! I would really really really like to find it before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.