Jozie had a birthday party with friends from her class. We took Lyndee and Sabrina to Jump n Bounce in West Jordan. It's one of our favorite places to play. We ate our traditional sour rainbow airheads and played tag. I love feeling like a kid there!
Unfortunately between a recent phone switch I've lost track of the photos for this, which is sad. :( I do have a couple from our house though.
Jozie's birthday letter:
Happy
Birthday Jozie!
And just like that…you’re 9! This birthday made me
pretty nostalgic. 9 Seems awfully grown up. J
The good thing is you’re growing up great, and you’ve still got an imagination
and love to play.
This year we came back from Macau to our old house
in Utah. You still remembered it and settled in fine, although you miss your
friend Signe and send her notes pretty regularly.
On our way back to Utah we stopped in Texas for a
couple weeks to play with the Hull cousins and other cousins who lived in
Texas. We had a fabulous time! You also took the opportunity to be baptized
there while with your cousins. You looked very beautiful in your poofy white
dress, and I’m glad you want to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You started 3rd grade at Viewmont
Elementary – Carrie Sorensen’s class. You already had a friend there – Sabrina
Lanier from preschool. You’ve made other great friends too, especially Lyndee
Marshall. You guys have a hilarious time.
You are a good and patient sister, especially to
Claire. The two of you like to play house. When Claire’s with a babysitter and
upset and crying, it’s you who can go to her and help her feel better. You and
Claire and Haven have super fun times late at night – when you should go to bed
but are playing so well together that I let you stay up. You paint fingernails,
do art projects, and come up with cool projects usually led by you.
You’ve really started to enjoy playing the piano
now that you can use two hands at the same time. You play for FUN with no
prodding! It’s amazing. You also create your own songs and memorize ones you’re
supposed to practice. I’m glad you have something challenging that you can also
love.
I’m a really really lucky person to get to be with you
every day. Of course we fight sometimes, but not often. You’re a pretty
diplomatic person and a great friend. I enjoy being around you.
I
love you!
Mommy
(yes you still call me Mommy)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.