Friday, May 23, 2008

Birthday Letters

I was just thinking that it would be so cool to write a letter to each of my kids around each birthday, and then after each one turns eight and is baptized I could compile the letters (along with pictures) into a book for him or her. I just wrote Jozie a letter - it was so great to sit down and review the last year of her life and think about how much she has learned and how much I love her. I don't think I'll put all of the letter here, but here's most:

Dear Jozie,

Happy 1st birthday honey! You have learned so much this year. It’s amazing to think that you started out knowing so very little and not being able to do much for yourself. Now you are almost walking. You take a few steps on your own and are great at walking around while holding onto someone’s finger, which, by the way, you are very particular about. The person has to be holding your left hand and sometimes you will switch the finger you’re holding onto if the other one isn’t suiting you for some reason. It’s very cute! You’re also great at crawling. . . You also love climbing up steps.

Your favorite foods are grated cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, corn, and olives. You also like crackers, spaghetti, peas, and raisins. Something I think is really cute is that sometimes you keep great tasting food in your mouth for a long time—after all, why swallow it if it tastes good? You especially like to do this with olives and will fill up your whole mouth with them if I let you!

You are so much fun to play with. You have the cutest laugh! You love to have us swing you upside down. . . . You love to walk around outside and look at people and dogs and pick up cool leaves or branches (or just about anything else). . . .

Almost everyone who sees you comments on your beautiful big eyes. You have a beautiful smile. You aren’t shy and love to meet new people—you’ll just go right up to them or will stare at them until they look your way and say hi to you. You make people smile.

Jozie, I want you to know that your dad and I love you very much. . . . I hope that you will take advantage of every opportunity you have in your life. I hope that you will recognize the light that comes into your life when you live the gospel and are close to the Holy Ghost. I know that that will bless you so much. . . .

Love,

Your Mom, Jessica

1 comment:

  1. That's a way cute idea!! I might have to copy it!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.