Sunday, April 14, 2013

2 things He will take upon Him

For Family Night this week I wanted to teach the girls about Alma 7:12-13. Things were going along fine until I read that Christ would "succor his people." Jozie had a hey-day with the idea that we would all get suckers and laughed and laughed. I eventually reigned her in after making her sit through the whole lesson without interrupting or being silly. She heard the lesson about six times and each time it got a little more condensed and focused. By the end of the lesson I realized that that scripture is very clear about two things Christ will "take upon himself" (besides death). Those things are our infirmities - in other words bad things that happen to us, and our sins - bad things that happen because of us. He took upon Himself the sorrowful ways in which we act and the sorrowful ways in which we are acted upon (2 Nephi 2:14) - both sides of the coin. I haven't figured out exactly what that means but I find it fascinating that He resolved the bad stuff that both happens to us and that we cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.