Saturday, April 20, 2013

Old House

An old house got taken down the other day. It was on the route we drive to take Jozie to school. It was a blue brick, very simple house, with a large greenhouse in the back. It looked like it was lived in by someone on the pack rat side. Several weeks I noticed random people in the yard, then the door got left wide open for a while (I wanted to go explore, but resisted!), then the door and windows got boarded up, and one day with a flurry of activity the house and greenhouse were knocked down and all the pieces were taken away. I felt really sad. Somebody's house - so much living and history - doesn't exist anymore. I know it's happened for millenia on this earth but it's still sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.